Monday, January 6, 2014

This is a post about eating dinner with a Bishop.

Remember when I said I wouldn't blog everyday. I lied. That's what I do.

So as the title says I had dinner tonight with the Bishop of Nice.  How does one get the opportunity to dine with a bishop you might ask?  I've no frickin idea, I'm still trying to figure that out.  Monsignor was apparently hostmom's priest when she was young and became a family friend.  I think. Gonna be real honest here, I didn't pay much attention tonight at dinner 'cause 1) Conversation was kind of fast. 2) Mr. Bishop kind of mumbled and was difficult to understand 3) I couldn't stop thinking about all the food.  That's the life I'm all about.

So guys. This food. We started out with a soup. It's pretty common here en France to puré the vegetables. So we had puréd celery, zucchini, turnips, and pumpkin with wheat germs. I think maybe some potatoes or vegetable like that too.  It was pretty delish. Next we had some nice salads. I did actually eat some. With olive oil. Look at me getting all cultured and things. Then we had a couple quiches. If you don't know what quiche is 1) Why not? And 2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiche The first was a cheese quiche, I devoured that right up, and the second was tomato quiche.  Not so much my thing. What I lived for, though, my blog-readers, was the desserts. Whoa baby.  So we had some cracker-cookie like things with this chocolate mousse-pudding like thing.  Not too sweet but choclety goodness nonetheless. Then, in this frozen little shot glass, French hostmom made frozen, ice-cream like coffee. I don't drink coffee, but this thing was out of this world.  I wish you could have some, so I could take it for myself.  Also bread and wine throughout the meal. Typical Frenchies.  Pour finir, we had some hot thyme water for the helping of digestion.  I acutally liked it, too. Super duper neat.

After dinner there was more conversating before hostdad Pierre took Monsignor away.  I'm not sure where to, like I cannot remember if he has a house or was at a hotel.  But, uh, the conversation.  Really I was just super stuff and super tired from beebopping around the downtown with good friends Sam and Madeline today.  It was a lot of fun, but guys, we as Americans do no walking AT ALL compared to the French.  I'm continuously tuckered out when I get home in the evenings. So uh, yeah, I did little to no participation during the last little talking bit and then tottered off to my bedroom as soon as Father French Bishop was out the door.  What a lovely experience.

Another note. (No bad jokes here)
I have over 100 views on my first post. Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate it.  But now that I'm famous and all, I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with the blog.  Ready the smoke, I'll be Pope by tomorrow!

Additional note.  Super great news. That stupid button from last time worked!! So here are some pictures of beautiful Montpellier. The first is just a picture of the street lit up at night.  It leads to some wonderful shops and bakeries. The second is of this beautiful, tall church we found.  The third is the Arc de Triomphe. Now I know some of you are thinking, "What a stupid, horrible French major. Even I know the Arc is in Paris." Well SHUTUP! There is another, replica-like one in Montpellier dedicated to one of the King Louis's.  Fourth is a picture of an aquaduct.  That's pretty cool. And last is a picture of a building surrounding the city square. I just really love the architecture here.  Also I think the round spire-thingie on the right side looks like an old-fashioned diving helmet.






No comments:

Post a Comment